Monday, October 6, 2008

looming between destinies

thrown between the fallows of life and death
the future looms uncertain
for all the things life taught me
i seem to have forgotten how to read the wind

the pain is lumbering from a past wound
raising its head and goading me on
to pick up the sword yet not unsheathed
and fight the battles that have been written by destiny for me

a warrior i was born
cant keep hiding always in a farmer's disguise
the blood must spout, the veins held tight
one of me must die, one of me must die

9 comments:

Keshi said...

wow this is one of ur best!

Reminded me of 'Invictus' by William Ernest Henley...one of my favs.


Well done Mystique! I loved it.


Keshi.

Anonymous said...

They say its about falling, getting up again, learning, forgetting and learning again :)

Anonymous said...

have u written this :)

Rakesh Vanamali said...

Awe-fantastic-some!

The first thing that came to my mind while reading this is the track 'Spies' by Coldplay

"I awake to find no peace of mind
I said how do you live
As a fugitive?
Down here, where I cannot see so clear
I said what do I know?
Show me the right way to go"

Theres no choice my friend, but to wake up and fight another day out!

May the force be with you!

Beauty and the BEast said...

Choice is a word we crave and choosing is often one of the most difficult things to do..

Great play of words there :)

Debasish Patra said...

"i seem to have forgotten how to read the wind.."

perfect!

Benaam Badnaam said...

@Keshi...thanks dudette :) ...Yeah i have the last para of invictus as my mail signature on yahoo

@Queen Bean...bery bery true...

@Swats...yes :)

@Rakesh...yes i also keep requesting the force to be wid me :)

@Beauty....u back frm blr? next weekend drinks, have told vivek also

@Debashish...its not perfect...its highly problematic :P it guides u wrong the way

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL CREATIVE THOUGHT PROVOKING

Keshi said...

really? WOW! :)

Keshi.